This for the times when you are confused what to have for evening snacks, just go to the kitchen straight away, find the ingredients mentioned in the table below and prepare to bake it (Start 2 or 3 hours before hand)
Nothing fancy but what comes out of the oven after a few minutes will be amazing to have with your evening tea or anytime you want to have it.
For me, it is probably one of the best ways to enjoy my evening tea. Follow the step by step instructions to prepare this simplest bread we call Focaccia. I hope you will love this one as well.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
|All purpose flour||1.5 cup|
|Warm water||2 tablespoon|
|Baking Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
1. Take warm water in a bowl and add sugar and yeast. Cover and keep it aside for 15 minutes. Sieve the flour in a broad bowl.
2. Add baking powder, salt, vegetable oil, sugar and yeast-sugar dissolve mixture in the flour. Mix it well, and knead the flour to make soft dough.
3. Cover it with polythene or plastic bag and leave it for 2-3 hours till the dough gets double in size. Here you can see the difference between dough in the image below. Dough has risen, its means dough is ready for baking.
4. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Take one portion of the dough and roll it in the shape you desire.
5. I used my oval shape baking mold for baking this focaccia bread. Put roll bread on butter paper and keep it aside for half an hour to get the dough rise. Tap the dough with your fingers as shown in the picture below. Pre-heat oven at 180C.
6. Brush it with butter. Chop onion and mix it with 1 tablespoon butter. Now spread this onion on the whole bread. Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on it while baking the bread, if it’s little undone, bake for few more minutes. Mine took 25 minutes. Spread some more butter, Delicious focaccia bread is ready to serve. Serve hot with your favorite sauce or dip.