I have been sharing regional specialities on my blog like the Sidu Recipe from Himachal Pradesh, Daal Baati from Rajasthan, Kadhi from Gujrat, Punjabi Chhole and many more. Daal Ka Dulha is a regional speciality of Uttar Pradesh.
It simply a dish where we use wheat flour dough and give it a pasta like shape (or whatever you desire) dumpling in red lentil soup.
I don’t know about the history of how it got its name as Daal Ka Dulha but it’s something you are really going to remember. If you are bored with you regular dal, try this recipe and I am sure you are going to love it. Follow my easy recipe with step by step pictures.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients for Dal:
|Split Yellow Lentils||2 cup|
|Turmeric powder||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 teaspoon|
Ingredients for Dough Dumplings:
|Wheat flour||200 gram|
|Carom seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
Ingredients for Tempering:
|Garlic ( chopped )||5 cloves|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|Onion ( chopped )||1|
|Tomato ( chopped )||1|
|Coriander leaves||1/4 cup chopped|
1. Wash and soak the lentils for about 10 minutes. Take lentils into the pressure cooker and add chopped tomato, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and garlic. Pressure cook it for about 10 minutes or till the lentils cooked properly.
2. Take flour in a bowl and carom seeds. Add a small amount of water to knead the dough. The Dough should be tight.
3.Take an orange size ball from the dough and roll it like a thick chapatti then cut it in circular shape. (I used my glass for making this)
4. Take each of the pieces and give it a shape. Prepare all the wheat roll like this.
5. Boil 3 glass of water along with 2 teaspoon salt in a big pan and add wheat roll into pan and let it boil for another 5 minutes.
6. Take it out from the water and add it into lentils soup.
7. Heat the pan with oil and temper with chopped garlic and seeds. Then add chopped onion and fry it till the onions are light golden brown in the colour.
8.Then add chopped tomato and cook covered till the tomato is mushy. Add coriander leaves and mix it well.
9. Add tempered ingredients into the pressure cooker and mix it well. You can add some pure ghee also, Daal Ka Dulha is ready and serve hot.