Chicken Potli Biryani is a one pot dish and is usually served with raita and salad. I have prepared chicken biryani earlier but this one is quite different from the previous ones.
In this potli biryani, green chilli is used instead of red chilli powder and chicken is pressure cooked along with some spices so that the flavours of spices gets in the water and the rice is cooked in that boiled water which gives yummy flavours to the rice.
You can also make mutton biryani like this, you have to replace the chicken with mutton and pressure cook for few more minutes.
In my house, everyone loves biryani like I do. Follow my easy recipe with step by step pictures.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients for Marinating :
|Dry fenugreek leaves
Ingredients for Biryani:
|Coriander seeds (Khada dhaniya)
|Aniseed ( Saunf )
|1 inch piece
|1 inch piece
Important: Marinate the chicken along with the spices given “ under table “ for 4-5 hours.
1.Take coriander seeds, aniseed, chopped onion, crushed ginger and garlic in a cotton cloth and make potli of it. Add potli into pressure cooker along with the marinated chicken and pressure cook it for about 4-5 whistle on medium heat.
2. Switch off the flame and open pressure cooker and take out the chicken pieces in a plate. Reserve water into another bowl and squeeze out the juices of seeds from the potli and discard the potli.
3. Heat the wok with oil and saute with chopped onion, green chilli, bay leaf, cinnamon stick and cardamom green. Fry it until onions are light golden brown in color.
4. Grind 5-6 cloves garlic, 1/2 inch piece of ginger, black pepper, cardamom brown, cumin seeds, cloves, nutmeg to make fine paste. Add ground paste into wok and cook the spices on medium heat till oil shows separately.
5. Add cooked chicken pieces into wok and fry it for about 4-5 minutes on slow heat.
6. Add reserved water and some more tap water, soaked rice and salt into wok, mix it well and cook covered on medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Dissolve food color in a teaspoon milk, when the rice is about to cook sprinkle food color on the rice and cook covered on slow heat for another 5-6 minutes.
7. Chicken potli biryani is ready, serve hot with raita and salad.