These Potato pastries is a delicious meatless dish and can be made easily at home. I’m really excited about this recipe adapted from one of my friend. But she used meat instead of potato. I replaced meat with potato because I am vegetarian and wanted to eat this yummy pastry. If you want to prepare it and want the stuffing of your choice you can replace with it as I did Follow my easy recipe with step by step pictures.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Ingredients for dough:
|All purpose flour/ Maida||2 cup|
|Warm water||1/4 cup|
|Egg white||1 for brushing & 1 for Mixing|
Ingredients for Stuffing:
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilli flakes||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1/2 bunch chopped|
|Cheese||1 cup small cubes or shredded|
1. Sieve the flour in a bowl and add melted butter, salt and sugar.
2. Take warm water in a bowl, add yeast and milk. Mix it well and keep it aside for 10 minutes to starts foam.
3. Then add egg white in the bowl and again mix it well. Pour the Egg-milk liquid into flour mixture.
4. Now add mixed herbs and knead it to make the soft dough. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep it in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
5. Now prepare stuffing. Heat the pan with oil, sauté with onion and green chilli. add ginger-garlic paste, red chilli flakes, garam masala powder and salt. Cook spices for about 1 minutes on low flame.
6. Add mashed potato, coriander leaves and vinegar. Mix it well and keep it aside.
7. Take out the dough from refrigerator and let it go to room temperature and roll out the dough out into a 22-inch square.( Shape doesn’t matter how you roll out)
8. Fold the dough square into thirds as shown below in the picture.
9. Roll the dough out again into a large square and repeating the steps above 3 times. Then wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes. Finally, roll the dough out again into a large square.
10. Cut the dough like this as shown below in picture. Then put 1 teaspoon of stuffing and some cheese in the middle of each pastry.
11. Carefully roll up each pastry like this. Prepare egg wash for brushing the pastry,take a bowl, add egg white and 2 teaspoon milk. mix it well.
12. Brush each pastry with egg wash and leave it at room temperature for about 2 hours or until they double in size.
13. Pre-heat microwave oven at 180 C and bake it for about 20-25 minutes. Serve with your favourite sauce.