Paratha Most popular & All Time favourite, Paratha are whole-wheat Indian flatbread. Paratha can be made plain or stuffed with many different fillings. This recipe uses the most popular filling – Potatoes. Aloo Paratha are perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Chat Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ginger||1/2 inch pieces|
|Coriander Leaves||1 bunch|
|Wheat Flour||2 cup|
|Vanaspati Ghee||To cook|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
1. Mix flour, salt and water together to make soft dough.
2. Knead the dough for a few minutes on a lightly greased surface to make smooth and pliable dough.
3. Set the dough aside and cover it with a damp cloth.
- Boil 5 medium potatoes with 2 cups of water.
- Do not cool the potatoes under running water because the potatoes will become too soft.
- After the potatoes are cold enough to handle, peel the skin off and mash the potatoes.
- Mix green chillies, Red chilli Powder, cumin seeds ,Chat powder ,Garam masala powder,onion , Chopped ginger and garlic and salt to the mashed potatoes.
Making Paratha :
1. Now divide the chapatti dough into equal parts and roll into smooth balls bigger than the aloo balls. Flour the surface and roll the chapatti dough slightly thicker.
2. Make small lemon sized balls of potato and make it ready.
3. Then place the aloo ball in the centre and gather the dough from all sides sealing it finely.
4.Now again flatten it slightly with your palms and then start rolling gently. Roll it without the filling oozing out.
5. Heat a non stick pan ,Transfer the aloo paratha , drizzle little oil and cook on both sides.
6. Serve Hot with pickle.