Subz Pulav is a variation of Veg Pulao, which is a one pot dish and can be prepared in few minutes. You can prepare this when you are in a hurry and still want to have a full -fledged meal. I’ve used many vegetables (hence the name Subz Pulao) but you can put them according to your liking.
Below is the recipe of Subz Pulav with step by step instructions along with pictures. I hope you will love this one as well.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients for Potli/ Sachet:
|Fennel seeds||2 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 teaspoon|
|Basmati rice||1/2 kg|
|Green peas||1/2 cup|
|French beans||1/2 cup|
|Vegetable oil||1/4 cup|
|Ginger-garlic paste||2 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Put all the garam masala (Fennel seeds, cinnamon stick, cardamom brown, cardamom green, black pepper, cloves and bay leaf) in a muslin cloth and make a potli.
2. Put sachet /potli in the wok along with 2 glass of water and boil the water for 8-10 minutes to get the garam masala flavor in the water. Discard the potli and keep the water to cook the rice.
3. Chop all the vegetable in advance.
4. Clean, wash and soak the rice for half an hour. Heat the non-stick wok with oil and sauté with ginger-garlic paste.
5. Add onions into the wok and fry it till onions are translucent. Add all the chopped vegetables except green peas into the wok and fry it for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
6. Add soaked rice into the wok.
7. Then add flavoured water. Rice and water will be in the ratio of 2:3
8. Add red chilly powder, salt, tomato and green peas. Mix it well.
9. Cook covered on high flame till the water boil, then cook on low heat for 15 minutes or till the rice cooked properly. Switch off the flame. Serve hot with your favourite curry.