Here is the recipe of Kulcha, a different Kulcha with a bit of difference in the filling. I’ve simplified the filling so that all the ingredients are easily available in any kitchen.
The previous Kulcha Recipe I shared on the blog was without filling which could be had with any kind of gravy, but this one can be had just like have aloo paratha.
Follow the easy step by step recipe along with pictures and prepare this super delicious Kulcha. I hope you will like it.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients for cover dough:
|All purpose flour/ Maida||2 cup|
|Instant dry yeast||1 teaspoon|
|Warm water||4 tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1/2 teaspoon|
Ingredients for Stuffing:
|Boiled, peeled and mashed potato||2 cup|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Aamchur powder / Dry mango powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||2 tablespoon|
|Nigella seeds/ kalunji||1 teaspoon|
|Chaat masala powder||1/4 teaspoon|
1. Take warm water in a bowl and add yeast and sugar. Cover and keep it aside for 15 minutes. Sieve the flour into another bowl and add baking powder and salt, mix it well. Now add yeast mixture and knead the flour well to make a soft and elastic dough. You can add water while kneading the flour as much required.
2. Now the dough is ready, cover it with poly bag and let it rest for 2-3 hours till the dough gets double in size.
3. You can see in the below image, the dough has risen. That’s means dough is ready for kulcha.
4. Combine all the ingredients except butter given in table “ Ingredient for filling” into another bowl and mix it well. The filling is ready for the Kulcha.
5. Take an orange size ball from the dough and roll it into a circle of 2-3 inch in a diameter. Put 2 tablespoon stuffing in the of the circle, bring the edges together and join them at the center.
6. Dust with some flour and roll it using the rolling pin into a circle about 7-8 inches in diameter. Apply some water with the brush on the top of the kulcha and sprinkle nigella seeds and coriander leaves. press it with your palm so that the seeds and leaves stuck to the dough.
7. Put it on the hot Tawa. Turn it after 30 seconds. Cook it on medium flame till light brown spots appear on both the sides of the kulcha. Do the same with the rest of the dough. Delicious kulcha is ready to serve, Top with some butter and serve hot with your favorite pickles, salads and plain curd.