Dopiaza dishes refers to those where large quantities of onions are used – in the curry and as a garnish.This curry is Spicy, delicately sweetened with Piaz and the red colour extremely appealing to the eyes. Can’t wait to taste it, Yummy.
Preparation Time :20 Minute
Cooking Time :30 Minute
|Mutton with bones||1/2 kg|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Pepper corns||1/2 teaspoon|
|Tomato||2 medium size|
|Oil||5 large spoon|
|Nutmeg||a large pinch|
|Mace||a large pinch|
|Cinnamon||1/2 cm stick|
1. Wash the mutton and , keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in cooker for about 5 minutes , add sliced onions , bay leaf , cinnamon ,brown and green cardamoms , stir for a minute.
3. Then after add the cumin seeds, peppercorns, cloves and dry red chillies and fry for another minute.
4. Grind ginger , garlic , nutmeg , mace and put it into pressure cooker , stir for a minute.
5. Add coriander powder, stir for a minute.
6. Then Mix mutton , red chilli powder , Turmeric powder , salt and 1 cup water.
7. Close cooker, bring to full pressure on high heat, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Remove cooker from heat, allow to cool naturally .
9. Open cooker, serve hot with chapattis.
10. Enjoy !!