Do you love Shami kebabs ? I love it and enjoy it these kebabs with shirimal or lachha paratha. It is made from soaked chana daal and Indian spices, homemade kebabs are always great as compare to restaurants and dhaba. You can easily find all the spices in Indian kitchen and make it for your family. Follow my easy recipe with step by step pictures.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
|Mutton Minced||1/2 kg|
|Chana Daal / Bengal gram split||1 cup|
|Ginger||1/2 inch piece|
|Garlic||1 whole knot|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 &1/2 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Dry red chilli||3|
Ingredients for tempering:
|Coriander leaves||1 bunch|
1. Wash and soak chana daal for about 1 hours. Wash minced meat properly and take it into pressure cooker and add soaked chana daal.
2. Grind ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, cardamom brown & green, black pepper, cloves together to make paste. Add ground paste into pressure cooker.
3. Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and dry red chilli in it. Add one glass of water and close pressure cooker. Cook for 1 whistle on high heat then slow the flame and cook for about 15 more minutes. Let it cool and open the cooker , the mixture will look like this as shown below in the picture.
4. Take small amount of mixture in grinder and grind it to make very smooth and fine paste as shown below in the picture.
5. Grind all the mixture like this and take it in a big plate. Now heat the pan with oil and fry onion and green chilli till onions are light golden brown in color.
6. Then add chopped coriander leaves and mix it well. Now add this temper ingredients in ground paste and mix it well.
7. Take a ping pong size ball from the paste and flattened it with your palms as shown below in picture. Make all the kebabs like this.
8. Heat the pan with oil and fry them till golden brown from both the sides. Shahi kebabs are ready, serve hot with paratha or shiramal.