Here is the recipe of Paneer in a white gravy. I have been getting the request to prepare this type of Paneer from a very long time.
Finally, I was able to make some space for it. Paneer recipes are one of the most popular recipes on the blog. I am hoping that this one too will be like by you all.
Prepare this Paneer recipe at home by following our simple and easy step by step instructions along with pictures. I hope you like it.
Preparation Time: 12-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes
Ingredients for Korma:
|Green chili, slit||3|
|Shah zeera||1 teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||2 small piece|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cardamom green powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Saffron food color||small pinch|
|Coriander leaves||for garnish|
1. Boil the onion with 1 cup of water for 7-8 minutes. Drain the water and let it cool at the room temperature.
2. Take the boiled and cooled onion in a grinder, grind it to make a fine paste. (you can add 2-3 tbsp water while grinding to make the fine paste)
3. Now boil cashew nuts and almonds with 1 cup of water for 4-5 minutes. Drain the water and peel of the skin of almonds. Let it cool and grind it to make the fine paste. Keep it aside.
4. Cut the paneer into 1/2 inch cubes.
5. Heat the pan with oil, temper with shah zeera, cloves, black pepper, bay leaf and cinnamon stick. When the shah zeera starts crackling add slit green chilly.
6. Add onion paste (we prepared in step 2) and ginger-garlic paste. Cook it on a low flame till oil shows separately.
7. Then add cashew-almonds paste and yogurt (we prepared in step 3) and cook the spices on a low flame till oil shows separately.
8. Add a pinch of saffron food color and cook the spices on a low flame for another 1-2 minutes. Add garam masala powder and salt.
9. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, then add 1 cup of water. Mix it well.
10. Add paneer cubes and cardamom green powder. Cook covered on a low to medium flame till the gravy is slightly thick. Switch off the flame, add cream. Mix it well, serve hot with chapatti, naan or rice.