Shabnam Curry is a mix of green vegetables along with Paneer, I’ve taken French beans, Green peas and cooked it with Paneer. You can add or subtract vegetables as per you liking.
Preparing Paneer with mix vegetables makes this recipe a fit between the regular Curry and special curries.
Follow the steps by step instructions to prepare this Curry at home, I’m sure you will love it.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
|French Beans, chopped||1/2 cup|
|Green Peas||1/2 cup|
|Cashew nuts||1/4 cup|
|Kalonji/ Nigella seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Mustard oil||4 tablespoon|
|Fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi||1 teaspoon|
|Cardamom green (crushed)||2|
|Coriander leaves||for garnish|
1. Take onions in a grinder, and grind it to make fine paste.
2. Puree tomatoes. Strain puree tomato and keep it aside.
3. Combine cashew nuts and curd in a grinder and grind it to make paste. Heat the wok with oil.
4. Temper with nigella seeds and cumin seeds.
5. Add ground onion paste into the wok. Cook it on medium flame for one minutes. Add ginger-garlic paste, red chilly powder, garam masala powder and turmeric powder in the wok. Cook the spices on low flame till oil shows separately.
6. Add in salt and tomato puree. Cook the spices for another 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
7. Add in fen ugreek leaves and crushed cardamom green and cloves.
8. Heat another pan 1 tablespoon oil and fry chopped French beans and green peas. Fry for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
9. Add fried beans and green peas into the wok with a glass of water. Add Curd and cashew nuts paste. Cook covered on medium flame for 5 minutes till veggies are cooked properly.
10. Then add cubed paneer and cook covered for another 1 minute. Switch off the flame, garnish with coriander leaves, serve hot with naan, chapatti and rice.