Here is the recipe of Punjabi Kadhi, Kadhi is popular in all the part of India with some minor changes in ingredients and method of preparation.
And the taste also changes slightly, but the key ingredients remain the same.
You can prepare this Punjabi Kadhi at home by following this simple and easy step by step recipe mentioned below. I hope that you will love it.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 14-16 Minutes
Ingredients for Pakora:
|Chickpea flour/ Besan||1 cup|
|Red chilly powder||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin powder||1/4 tsp|
|Fenugreek leaves||1/4 tsp|
|Asafetida/ hing||1/4 tsp|
|Cooking soda||1/4 tsp|
|Vegetable oil||for deep frying|
Ingredients For Kadhi:
|Curd/ dahi/ yogurt||1 cup|
|Red chilly powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Onion, chopped||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ginger, chopped or grated||1/2 teaspoon|
Ingredients for Tempering:
|Vegetable oil||1/4 cup|
|Mustard seeds/ sarso||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds/ zeera||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds/ methi dana||1/4 teaspoon|
|Dry red whole chilly/ lal sabut mirch||2-3|
|Black pepper/ kalimirch||4-5|
|Asafetida/ hing||1/4 teaspoon|
1. Keep al the ingredients ready for pakora, kadhi and tempering.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl except oil mentioned above in the table “Ingredients for Pakora”. Mix it well, then add water and make a lumps free batter.
3. The consistency of the batter should be like dropping. Heat the oil in a wok and drop a spoonful of batter into it. Deep fry it on medium flame till light golden in color. I fried in two batches.
4. Take out the pakoras on the tissue paper to get rid of extra oil. Keep it aside.
5. Now prepare kadhi. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl mentioned above in the table “Ingredients For Kadhi” , mix it well.
6. Add it into the wok and let it boil on medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
7. Then add deep fried Pakoras in the wok, cook covered on a medium to slow flame for 7-8 minutes. Switch off the flame.
8. Heat another pan with oil and temper with all the ingredients mentioned above in the table “ Ingredients for Tempering” . When seeds starts crackling and turning light golden in the color, switch off the flame. Pour the kadhi in a serving bowl and add tempering. Kadhi is ready, Serve hot.