To make the best Punjabi chola you’ll have to soak Chana overnight in tea water. By doing this chola absorbs spices better than soak in simple water. It is made in rich tomato gravy and you don’t have to add onion & garlic in it. Try it at home and enjoy with your friends and family. Follow my easy recipe with step by step procedure and pictures.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
|Kabuli Chana||2 cup|
|Ginger||1/2 inch piece|
|Coriander powder||1 teaspoon|
|Pepper Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Chickpea flour||1 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Black salt||1/4 teaspoon|
1. Boil 6 cup water in a pan and add 2 tea bags into it. Let it boil for 5 minutes. Then discard tea bag from the pan.
2. Add kabuli chana in tea water and let it soak for overnight. Now pressure cook chana along with tea water and add some salt. Cook for about 8-10 minutes and keep it aside.
3. Prepare tomato puree for gravy, blend tomato, ginger and green chilli to make puree.
4. Heat the wok with oil and sauté with cumin seeds, then add chickpea flour and fry it until golden brown in color. Then add tomato puree into it.
5. Cook for about 5 minutes or till oil shows separately. then add coriander powder and pepper powder.
6. Add black salt and garam masala powder. Cook the spices for about 3 minutes on low heat. Then add cooked chana along with water into it.
7. Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Punjabi chola is ready, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with bhatura, curd and lemon.