Yep, this week has been mostly paneer. With Paneer Capsicum Masala being published earlier this week. Here is the recipe of Paneer Methi Malai on the 2nd day.
Recommended: Find all Paneer Recipes at one Place
I’ll try posting other recipes as well, keeping a balance is very important, and we have people who love different variety of food, so bear with me if you think posting paneer recipes is too much favouritism. I’m sorry 🙂
Anyway, you will find the recipe of this amazingly delicious Paneer Methi Malai posted below along with photos of step by step process to make it easy for you to follow along. All the best. 🙂
Preparation Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
|Fenugreek leaves, methi fresh||1 bunch or 1 cup chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp plus 4tbsp|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Keep all the ingredients ready for methi malai paneer. Heat the pan with 2 tbsp oil and temper with cloves, cardamom green and cumin seeds. Then add onion.
2. Fry the onions till they are translucent in the color. Add chopped tomato, green chilly.
3. Add cashew nuts, ginger-garlic paste and salt.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame till the tomatoes are mushy. Switch off the flame. Let the mixture cools completely. Take the cooled mixture in a grinder and grind it to make a fine paste.
5. Heat another wok with 2 tbsp oil.
6. Add chopped methi, red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt.
7. Cook it on a medium flame till the methi cooked properly and oil shows separately. Add ground paste in the pan.
8. Cook it on a medium flame till oil shows separately.
9. Add paneer 1/4 cup of water. Cook covered on a medium for 3-4 minutes. Switch off the flame. Add cream and mix it well.
10. Add garam masala powder, mix it well. Delicious paneer methi malai is ready to serve, serve hot with chapatti, naan or any other roti.