Here is the recipe of Paneer Changezi, a restaurant style recipe you can prepare at home easily. I had this in a local restaurant and it easily become a top priority to prepare it for the blog.
Of all the delicious Paneer recipes we have ever shared on the blog, this Paneer Changezi easily tops the list. The taste is heavenly, thanks to the thick gravy. I am sure you are going to love it.
You can follow the step by step instructions along with photos of every step.
Preparation Time: 12-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
Ingredients for Paneer Changezi:
|Paneer, cut into 1/2 inch cubes||300 gram|
|Vegetable oil / butter||5-6 tbsp|
|Ginger-garlic paste||2 teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||1 cup|
|Coriander powder||1 teaspoon|
|Red chili powder|
|Garam masala powder||1 teaspoon|
|Chat masala||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ginger chopped||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves chopped||2 tbsp|
|Green chili, slit||2|
|Lemon juice||1 teaspoon|
|Fenugreek leaves crushed||1 teaspoon|
1. Heat the wok pan with 2 tbsp oil/ghee and saute with onion. Fry it when it is translucent in the color.
2. Add cashew nuts, and fry it for another 4-5 minutes till the onion and cashew nuts is light golden in the color. Let it cool at the room temperature.
3. Take the cooled onion and cashew nuts in a grinder and grind it to make a fine paste. You can add water while grinding it.
4. Heat another wok/pan with 3-4 tbsp oil/ghee and saute with ginger-garlic paste. Fry it till the raw smell gone from the paste.
5. Add milk in the wok, when the milk starts boiling, add tomato puree, mix it well.
6. Add red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Cook the spices on a medium flame till it is slightly thick.
7. Add ground onion and cashew nuts paste ( we prepared in step 3). Add chat masala and salt.
8. Mix it well, cook the spices on a medium to low flame till oil shows separately. Add coriander leaves, green chili and chopped ginger. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
9. Add water and fenugreek leaves. Cook it on a medium flame for 4-5 minutes. Switch off the flame. Add cream.
10. Mix it well, Add lemon juice and paneer cubes. Mix it well.