This is the recipes for those rare occasions when you want to have something that looks good on the plate too, Paneer Capsicum Circle is a perfect recipes that is easy to make and looks nice on the plate, So, without much effort, you have a dish ready for yourself on the weekdays.
You will find the step by step instructions for the recipes along with photos. I hope you like this one as well.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Serving : 3
Ingredients for paneer Capsicum circle :
|Coriander leaves||1 tablespoon|
|Green cardamom powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Baby corn||100 gram|
Ingredients for gravy:
|Cumin seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cashew nuts||1/4 cup|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Ginger-garlic paste||2 teaspoon|
1. Combine crumbled paneer, green cardamom powder, onion, green chilly, coriander leaves, red chilly powder and salt in a plate and mix it well. Cut the capsicum into a ring shape as shown below in the picture.
2. Heat the non stick pan with oil and put capsicum ring in the pan. Fill the capsicum ring with the prepared paneer mixture filling. Add diced baby corn in the pan and cook covered on low to medium heat for 2 minutes. Then turn the capsicum ring and cook for another 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
3. Take the muslin cloth and put cumin seeds, cloves, black pepper, cardamom green, cardamom brown, cinnamon stick, bay leaf in the center of muslin cloth and knot it. Heat the pressure cooker with butter and put muslin sachet/potli into pressure cooker.
4. Add onion and cashew nuts into pressure cooker and fry it until onions are translucent. Add chopped tomato, ginger-garlic paste, slit green chilly and 1 cup water. Pressure cook the onion –tomato for 10 minutes on low to medium heat.
5. Open the cooker and strain it using strainer. Cool it at room temperature. Don’t discard the water, collect the water into separate bowl. Grind the onion-tomato mixture along with the leftover water from cooker in a grinder to make fine paste. Heat the non stick pan with butter and add ground paste.
6. Add red chilly powder and salt. Cook the spices on low flame till oil shows separately. Add cream and mix it well. Switch off the flame.
7. Dressing the dish in a plate: Take paneer capsicum circle and baby corn in the center of plate and pour gravy on the sides of circle. Garnish with some cream. Serve hot with butter naan or chapatti.