Here is the recipe of Paneer Butter Masala without the Onions and Garlic. But there is no compromise on the taste of it.
Evergreen Recipes is growing. We have millions of people visiting the blog every month to search for their next recipe to prepare.
And there are people with different taste and different preferences. Some like to have a sugar free sweet dish, some want to have meals prepared without onions and garlic.
While these tastemakers add to the deliciousness of the recipes. There is no reason why you cannnot enjoy them without these.
Our recipes are prepare in a way you can skip the ingredients you do not want, unless it is the key ingredient.
So, enjoy this Paneer Butter Masala recipe prepared without Onions and Garlic. You will find the step by step process of the recipe mentioned below along with photos to guide you through the process.
I really hope you will love this recipe. Enjoy.
Preparation Time: 10-12 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
Ingredients for Paneer Butter Masala:
|Tomato- tamatar||5 medium size|
|Cashew nuts- kaju||15-16|
|Poppy seeds – khus khus||2 tbsp|
|Butter/ clarified butter||3 tbsp|
|Cumin seeds- zeera||1 teaspoon|
|Bay leaf- tej patta||2-3|
|Cardamom green- choti elaichi||2-3|
|Cinnamon stick- dalchini||1/2 inch piece|
|Ginger grated/ ginger paste||1/2 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder- haldi||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder- lal mirch powder||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder- dhaniya powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds –kasuri methi||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Food color , red||1/8 teaspoon|
|Cardamom green powder||1/8 teaspoon|
1. Wash the tomatoes well. Cut them into 2 pieces. Take the chopped tomatoes in a grinder and grind them to make the tomato puree. Take out the puree in a bowl. Soak the poppy seeds and cashew nuts in warm water for half an hour. In a grinder, add soaked cashew nuts and poppy seeds and grind it to make the fine paste. (or you can use market bough tomato puree too)
2. Cut the paneer into half inch cubes. Now the tomato puree, ground cashew-poppy seeds paste is ready. Heat the pan/wok with butter. ( I used clarified butter in this recipe, you can use amul butter)
3. Temper with cumin seeds, cardamom green, cinnamon stick, bay leaf and cloves. When the cumin seeds starts crackling, add ginger paste. Saute for a minutes till the raw smell gone from the ginger.
4. Then add tomato puree. Cook it on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes or till oil shows separately. Now add ground cashew paste, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and coriander powder. Cook the spices on a low flame till oil shows separately. Keep stirring in between the process to avoid the spices sticking to the bottom of the pan. ( Cashew and poppy seeds paste stick to the pan very quickly so be careful while cooking the spices)
5. Add kasoori methi, food color, cardamom green and garam masala powder. Mix it well. Add 1/2 cup of water and salt. Mix it well with the spices. Let the gravy cookfor 2-3 minutes on a slow flame.
6. Add paneer cubes and cook covered on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes till the gravy is enough thick. Switch off the flame, add cream, mix it well. Delicious paneer butter masala is ready to serve, serve hot with naan, tandoori roti or chapatti. I enjoyed these with Tandoori roti.
Attaching few pictures for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy them as well. :-).