Here is another ofrecipe Mushrooms,the Mushroom Tikki Masala. Husband loves mushrooms and has a requests to prepare mushrooms once in a while.
Not being obsessed with mushrooms like my husband, I still agree to prepare, because, I get to post it on the blog.
So, double WIN for me :-).
Anyway, I’ve tried several recipes using Mushrooms and this one has a thick gravy just like Mushroom Matar Miloni, but has a different taste and the Mushroom peices are not cut into peices, so you are going to love it if you too love mushroom.
For everyone else, who is like me, the gravy can be enjoyed just like any other veg gravy.
Below is the recipes of Mushroom Tikka Masala with step by step instructions along with pictures. I hope you will like it.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients for marinating Mushroom:
|Hung curd||3 tablespoon|
|Red chilly powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Carom seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|Chaat masala||1/4 teaspoon|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
Ingredients for Masala:
|Cumin seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fenugreek leaves/ kasuri methi||1/2 teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Oil||2 tablespoon for frying mushroom and 1/4 cup for masala|
1. Clean and wash mushroom well. Take all the ingredients given in table “ Ingredients for mushroom marinating” except mushroom in a bowl.
2. Mix it well and add mushroom in the bowl. Mix it well so that the spices coats to the mushroom. Keep it aside for 2 hours.
3. Heat non-stick wok with 2 tablespoon oil and fry the marinated mushroom on low flame till light golden in color. Take out fried mushroom in a bowl and keep it aside.
4. Now, Boil tomato and cashew nuts for 7-8 minutes. Cool it at room temperature. Peel off the skin of tomatoes. Grind tomatoes and boiled cashew nuts together to make fine and smooth paste.
5. Heat the wok with remaining oil and temper with cumin seeds..
6. Add chopped onion in the wok and fry it till translucent.
7. Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, salt, black pepper powder, 3 tablespoon water and fenugreek leaves in the wok. Cook the spices for 30 seconds on low flame.
8. Add chopped capsicum and cook for another 2 minutes on low flame.
9. Add tomato-cashew nuts ground paste in the wok. Cook the spice on low flame for 10-12 minutes till oil shows separately.
10. Add fried mushroom and milk in the wok. Mix it well and cook covered for 8-10 minutes on low flame. Switch off the flame.
11. Open the lid and add cream, mix it well. If you want the smoky flavor in your tikka masala, heat a piece of coal on direct flame, make a small bowl of aluminum foil and put it in the wok and put heated coal in it and pour 1 teaspoon ghee on the top of coal, cover the wok immediately, so that gravy can absorbs the essence of coal. Serve hot with chapatti or butter naan or with zeea rice.