Mushroom pulav is a very tasty and flavourful dish and can be made in just 20 minutes. Mushroom pulav is spiced up with cinnamon stick and cardamom brown makes a perfect dish for lunch. You can enjoy this pulav with curds, curry or tomato chutney. I prepared tomato chutney with this pulav. Try this delicious mushroom rice recipe at home.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
|Basmati Rice||1 cup|
|Mushroom (thinly sliced)||1 cup|
|Green peas||1/2 cup|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Wash the basmati rice and soak for 10 minutes.
2. Chop Mushroom as shown below in picture. Heat the pot with oil, Sauté with onion,garlic and all the spices. Cook till onion are light golden brown in color.
3. Then add mushroom and peas. Cook on medium heat for another 5 minutes.
4. Add 1 1/2 cup of water and salt. let it boil. When it starts boiling, add rice and cook covered on medium heat for 10 minutes.
5. Mushroom pulav is ready and serve hot with curry or tomato chutney.