Here is yet another amazing Curry recipe prepared using mixed vegetables. It’s amazing how you can get different kind of tastes when you combine different types of veggies into a sinle recipe.
I’ve prepared this recipe for lunch as I was a little confused as to what vegetable to prepare then I got this idea to combine all that I had available at that time. I also threw in some corn and it turned out amazing. Try this yourself.
Follow the easy step by step recipe along with photos. I hope you will love this one as well.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
|Green peas||1/4 cup|
|Tomato||2 1 for grind and 1 for cooking with veggies.|
|Onion||1 for grind and 1 for cooking|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Ginger||1/2 inch piece|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Cut the potato, carrot and beans into small pieces. Heat the wok with 2 tablespoon oil and add carrot, potato and beans, fry the veggies on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
2. Then add chopped tomato, peas and corn. Fry it for another 1-2 minutes. Switch off the flame, keep the veggies aside.
3. Take the tomato, onion, cumin seeds, black pepper, cloves, cardamom brown & green, ginger and garlic in a grinder. Grind it to make the fine paste, you can add some water while grinding it.
4. Heat the pressure cooker with 4 tablespoon oil and add onion. Fry it till the onions are light golden in color. Then add ground paste in the cooker.
5. Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt. Cook the spices on low flame till oil shows separately as shown below in the image.
6. Now add fried vegetables in the cooker and mix it well.
7. Add 2 cup of water and check the salt. If need add more salt. Pressure cook it on high flame for one whistle, then keep the flame medium and cook for another 5 minutes. Switch off the flame, open cooker after 15 minutes, you will get beautiful color of the vegetables and oil on the top. Mix Sabzi is ready, Serve hot with Chapatti, Puri or rice.