Here is the recipe of Mexican Rice, from the list of requested recipes. Mexican Rice is full of colorful ingredients which looks as good as it tastes. I’ve tried to keep the recipe simple by adding the vegetables that is easily available, you are free to add or subtract the veggies as per your preference.
Follow the easy step by stpe recipe to prepare this delicious Mexican rice for the family, I hope that everyone loves it.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
Ingredients for Tomato paste:
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
|Pepper powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||1 teaspoon|
Ingredients for rice:
|Basmati Rice (any good quality)||2 cup|
|Green peas||1/2 cup|
|Carrot, chopped||1/2 cup|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Lime juice||3 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||for garnish|
1. Take 3 glass of water in a wok and add 5 tomato. Cook covered on medium flame for 12-13 minutes. Switch off the flame, now peel off the skin of the tomato and chop it finely or you can grind it also. But, let it cool at the room temperature before grinding the tomato. Clean, wash and soak the basmati rice for half an hour.
2. Heat another wok with 1 tablespoon and sauté with chopped garlic. Fry it till light golden in the color. Add in chopped tomato, salt and pepper powder. Cook covered on low flame till the tomato is mushy. (it will take about 6-8 minutes. Switch off the flame, add tomato sauce and mix it well. We will use this tomato paste for cooking the rice.
3. Now, heat another wok with 2 tablespoon oil and saute with garlic. Add in chopped onion. fry the onion till they are translucent in the color.
4. Add in soaked basmati rice and tomato paste ( we prepared in step 2).
5. Add water, chopped tomatoes, peas, corn, carrot, red chilly powder, salt and cumin powder.
6. Mix it well, cook covered on high flame.
7. When the water starts boiling, keep the flame low and cook for 12-14 minutes till the rice properly cooked. Switch off the flame, garnish with chopped coriander leaves, Delicious Mexican rice is ready to serve.