There are times when you just want to have a delicious meal, you sit down to decide, but it seems too overwhelming to try anything new. Matar Pulao is a saviour in situations like these as you cannot go wrong with it.
Matar Pulao goes well with any type of curry, veg or non-veg. You will simply love it Guaranteed. There are very few dishes that can be cooked so easily and yet are so delicious.
So, whenever you are confused about what to cook, this should be your answer. Follow the easy step by step recipe along with photos. I hope you will love it.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 12-15 Minutes
|Basmati Rice||2 cup|
|Green peas||1 cup|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||1/2 inch piece|
|Green chilly, slit||3-4|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 tablespoon|
1. Clean, wash and soak the basmati rice for half an hour. Chop the onion and keep ready all the ingredients for pulav. Heat the wok with oil and temper with cumin seeds, when it starts crackling add all the spices in the wok except green peas.
2. Fry the onions till they are translucent in the color. Add green peas in the wok. Cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
3. Add soaked basmati rice and water.
4. Add salt and mix it well. Cook covered on high flame, when the water starts boiling keep the flame low.
5. Cook on low flame for 10-12 minutes or till the rice properly cooked. Delicious Matar pulav is ready to serve, serve hot with any curry or you can have with curd too.