Here is the recipe of Masoor Daal Khichdi, a one pot dish for the times when you can’t wait too long to have a delicious meal.
There has always been a misconception among the people that delicious meals require a lot of time and patience to prepare, but then we at ER try to clear those misconceptions out by providing ways to make cooking fun and easy and this is exactly that. A delicious meal that takes just 15 minutes to prepare. This is the magic of one pot meals.
Follow the step by step process below and prepare it the next time you feel hungry and can’t wait for too long. I hope you will love this one as well.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
|Masoor dal (pink lentils)||1 cup|
|Corn (optional)||1/2 cup|
|Green peas (optional)||1/2 cup|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||1 inch piece|
|Vegetable oil||4 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||for garnish|
1. Clean, wash and soak the rice and lentils for 1-2 hours.
2. Keep the ingredients ready . Heat the pressure cooker with oil and temper with cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamom green & brown, black pepper. When cumin seeds starts crackling add onion.
3. Fry onions till they are light golden in the color. Add ginger-garlic paste and cook for another 1-2 minutes till the raw smell gone from the paste.
4. Add chopped tomato and green chilly. Cook it on medium flame till the tomato is mushy.
5. Add corn, green peas, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt and soaked rice and lentils. Mix it well.
6. Add 2.5 cup of water and close the lid. Pressure cook it on high flame for one whistle, then keep the flame low and cook for another 8-9 minutes till the khichdi cooked properly. Open cooker, garnish with chopped coriander leaves, pour some ghee , Serve hot.