Here is the recipe of Lauki Pulao that everyone can enjoy. Lauki or Bottle gourd is considered to be very healthy but a very few people like it.
It is a one pot dish which makes it super easy and fat to prepare when you are feeling hungry and there is not much time at hand. This lauki pulao also makes a good lunch box item being fast and easy to consume.
Prepare this Lauki Pulao by following the easy step by step instructions along with pictures. I am sure you are going to love it.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
|Basmati Rice||2 cup|
|Bottle gourd / Lauki||1 cup|
|Green peas||1/2 cup|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||1/2 inch piece|
|Turmeric powder||1/ 4teaspoon|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||5 tablespoon|
1. Peel off the skin of bottle gourd and chop it . Clean, wash and soak the basmati rice for half an hour.
2. Heat the pressure cooker with oil and temper with cumin seeds, cardamom brown & green, cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon stick and black pepper. Then add onion and fry it till translucent.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste and cook for 1-2 minutes on low flame. Add chopped bottle gourd and fry it for 5-6 minutes on medium to low flame till oil shows separately.
4. Add in turmeric powder, slit green chilly and green peas. Cook for another 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
5. Then add soaked basmati rice, salt and water.
6. Mix it well, close the lid and pressure cook it for one whistle on high heat, then low the flame and cook for another 6-7 minutes.
7. Switch off the flame, let the pressure settle down. Open cooker, serve hot with curd, raita, pickle etc.