Parathas are super, they are delicious, and easy to consume, you can even pack them up and take them with you anywhere, without the fear of getting all your stuff messy in your bag.
That is the convenience we look for when we go out for picnics and short trips. Food like this is easy to prepare and easy to carry. But that shouldn’t stop you from preparing this on a lazy Sunday afternoon, or maybe as a brunch. The recipe is mine but the choice is Yours. 🙂
Follow the step by step recipe below and prepare this as home. I hope you like it.
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
|Bottle gourd/ Lauki grated||1.5 cup|
|Wheat flour||2 cup|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Asafoetida/ hing||1/4 teaspoon|
|Ginger , grated||1/2 teaspoon|
|Carom seeds/ ajwain||1/2 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||for cooking|
|Chickpea flour||2 tablespoon|
1. Wash and peel off the skin of the Lauki, cut it and remove all the seeds from the it and then grate it.
2. Take the grated Lauki in a nonstick pan and cook it on medium flame till the water evaporates. Now let it cool at room temperature. Take the cooked Lauki in a bowl and add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, asafetida, carom seeds, salt, and ginger.
3. Mix it well with the spices. Now add chickpea flour and wheat flour in the bowl. Mix it well and knead the flour to make a tight dough. I didn’t add water while kneading the dough because the Lauki has already enough moisture, but if you feel the dough is very tight, you can add water.
4. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Take one portion of the dough, dust with some flour and roll it using the rolling pin into a circle of 5-6 inches in diameter.
5. Put it on the hot tawa, turn it after 30 seconds and apply some oil, then turn it again and apply oil on the back side too. Cook it on medium flame till light golden brown spots appear from both the sides of the paratha. Do the same with the rest of the dough. Delicious Lauki paratha is ready to serve, serve hot with your favorite pickles and plain curd.