Here is the recipe of Gatte ki Sabzi, the name might sound unusual, but it is as delicious as it looks in the pictures.
Gatta, or the dumplings of gram flour, are cooked in a gravy that’s mostly Curd, gives you a look and feel of the Kadhi recipes we have shared on the blog in the past.
But then it brings variety to the amazing collection of curry recipes we have shared on the blog.
You can prepare this recipe at home by following the simple step by step recipe mentioned below. I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I did preparing it. Thanks
Download the PDF version of this recipe
[sociallocker id=10092]Download. [/sociallocker]
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Ingredients for Gattas:
|Chickpea flour- besan||1 cup|
|Red chilly powder-lal mirch||1 teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds- saunf||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Carom seeds – ajwain||1/6 teaspoon|
|Curd-dahi||1 table spoon|
|Cooking soda- khane wala soda||1/4 teaspoon|
|Ginger- adrak||1/2 teaspoon|
|Grated coconut||2 teaspoon|
Ingredients for Kadhi:
|Chickpea flour- besan||1 tbsp|
|Cumin seeds- zeera||1/2 teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds- sarso||1/4 teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds- saunf||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cardamom green- choti elaichi||2|
|Bay leaf- tej patta||1|
|Cinnamon stick- dalchini||1|
|Asafetida- hing||1/8 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl given in the table” Ingredients for Gattas” except mava and kishmish. Mix it well, (if needs add some water otherwise curd and oil is sufficient to knead the dough) and knead the flour well to make the soft and smooth dough.
2. Combine mava, coconut and kishmish in a separate bowl and mix it well. Now divide the dough into 3 equal portions. Take one portion of the dough and roll it in cylindrical shape and then flatten it.
3. Put mava-raisins filling in the center of the dough and close the edges. Then roll it with you palms to make the smooth roll.
4. Do the same with the rest of the dough. Now boil the water in a wok and add rolled dough in the boiled water. Cook it for 5-6 minutes on medium flame.
5. Cook it for 10-12 minutes on medium flame. Switch off the flame, take out the Gattas from the boiled water with the help of any spatula.
6. Let it cool at the room temperature. Cut it into 1/2 inch cubes.
7. Heat the wok with 1 tbsp oil and fry the Gattas till light golden in the color from both the sides. (This step is optional, if you don’t want to fry, you can skip this step and can simply add it in the gravy) Keep it aside.
8. Take the beaten curd in a bowl and add 1 tbsp flour, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, water and salt, mix it well. Then heat the wok with 2 tbsp oil and temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cloves, cardamom green, cinnamon stick, bay leaf and asafetida.
9. When seeds starts crackling and turning light golden in the color add curd –flour mixture in the wok.
10. Add garam masala powder, and cook it on medium flame for 5-6 minutes. Keep stirring in between the process.
11. Add Gattas in the gravy and cook covered on medium to low flame for 7-8 minutes till the gravy is slightly thick. Switch off the flame. Delicious Gatte ki sabzi or kadhi is ready to serve, Serve hot with chapatti and rice.