Dum Aloo is a very popular Dish. Today I prepared this for lunch . My Hubby Just Loved It a lot , He is a big fan of Paneer but when I prepared Dum Aloo and once he tasted, he said WOW ! You made such a delicious Dum Aloo. So It was quite change for him from the usual Paneer side dishes I make. It is Lip smacking side dish with Butter Naan or you can also have it with Matar Pulao.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
|Cumin Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Pepper Corn||1/4 teaspoon|
|Dry red Chilli||4|
|Nutmeg||a small pinch|
|Mace||a small pinch|
|Ginger||1/2 inch piece|
|Tomato puree||1 cup|
|Kasoori Methi||1/4 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
1. Pressure cook potatoes for 2 whistles and peel the skin. Prick all over with a fork and cut into two piece . Heat a pan with oil , Deep fry the potatoes until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
2. Grind Ginger, Garlic , Onion ,cashew , Cardamom brown , pepper corn , Dry red chilli and cardamom green to a fairly smooth paste. Heat the oil in a Non stick pan and fry onions with Cumin seeds , cloves , Cinnamon stick , cardamom green and pepper corn until golden. Now add grind paste into Fried onions.
3. Then Add Coriander powder , Turmeric powder and Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato puree, curd and salt. Mix well.
4. Then Cook 5 more minutes on medium flame . Cook till oil shows separately as shown below in picture . Now add deep fry potatoes into gravy.
5. Then add 1 cut hot water into gravy and cook for 2-3 minutes . Sprinkle the Dum Aloo with kasoori Methi and cook for few minutes. Serve Hot With Chapattis or Rice.
6. Enjoy !!