Daal Makhani is a famous North Indian dish, quite popular in Punjab. I recently visited New Delhi and saw how my husband’s friends were crazy about daal makhani. I, been a food blogger, was asked to prepare this recipe for dinner and got appreciated so I decided to put it on the blog.
I am sure you are going to love this simple and easy way of making a delicious meal and make your friends and family happy. Follow my easy recipe with step by step pictures.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
|Whole Black Gram ( Sabut Urad )||2 cup|
|Kidney beans / Rajma||1/4 cup|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||a small piece|
|Tomato puree||2 cup|
|Red chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||for garnish|
1. Wash and soak whole black gram and kidney beans overnight. Pressure cook the soaked black gram and kidney beans along with two glass of water and some salt for about 6-7 whistle or till the daal is cooked properly.
2. Now mash the daal with potato masher and you will notice the daal has velvety texture.
3. Heat the pan with butter and temper with cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom green and cinnamon stick. Add chopped onion and green chilli.
4. Fry onion till mushy, add tomato puree. (If you don’t have tomato puree, you can grind 3 medium size tomato to make puree at home)
5. Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and cook the spices till oil shows separately.
6. Add fried spices into mashed daal and mix it well.
7. Heat the pan with butter and fry taal- makhana for about 2 minutes. Add fried makhana into daal and mix it well. Daal Makhni is ready, garnish with some butter and coriander leaves and serve hot with chapatti or rice.