Here is the recipe of Chili Potato. And it’s delicious. But then I say it for every recipe I prepare. But I’ll put a disclaimer, I love potato, be it something desi like Aloo Paratha or the Masala Dosa, which too has potato in it.
And then this Chili Potato. You can enjoy it with Fried Rice, or the Noodles or have it just like that. Chili Potato is good to the taste buds in every way.
Follow the step by step process of the recipe along with photos of every step. I am sure you will love it.
Preparation Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
Ingredients for Chili Potato:
|Potato||7-8 medium size|
|Corn flour||3 tbsp|
|Red Chili powder||1 teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Food color, orange||small pinch|
|Vegetable oil||for deep frying|
Ingredients for the Gravy:
|Vegetable oil||1 tbsp|
|Soy sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Corn flour dissolved in 2 tbsp water||1 tbsp|
|Spring onion, green part, chopped||1 teaspoon|
1. Peel off the skin of potato and cut it into lengthwise as shown below in the image. Wash it properly to get rid of the extra starch.
2. In a bowl add potato slices, corn flour, red chili powder, salt, pepper powder, food color and 1 teaspoon water. Mix it well.
3. Heat the wok/ kadhai with oil and deep fry the well-coated potato on a medium flame till it is golden and crisp.
4. Take out the fried potato on a tissue paper to get rid of the extra oil. I fried in two batches. Keep it aside.
5. Heat the pan with 1 tbsp oil and saute with ginger and garlic. Stir for a few seconds.
6. Add onion and saute for few more seconds. Add capsicum and green chili. Cook for another 30 seconds on a high flame with continuous stirring.
7. Add soy sauce and water. Mix it well and let it boil for 1 minutes. Add salt and dissolved corn flour mixture with continuous stirring with a spatula to avoid any lumps in the gravy.
8. Now the gravy starts to thicken, then add fried potato and vinegar. Mix it well and cook it on a high flame till the gravy is thick enough.
9. Switch off the flame, Add chopped spring onion green part. Serve hot.