One pot dishes are quite popular at ER blog. People seem to be loving for the ease of making it. Chana Daal Tehri is one such meal that gets prepared in lesser time than most of the fast to cook meals.
And the is no compromise on the taste as well, It is as delicious as you expect a Tehri to be. Just pour some ghee, which you can make at home as well, and find your favourite Achaar or Raita and you have an amazingly delicious meal ready for yourself.
Do try it out, follow the easy step by step methods posted below. I hope you will enjoy it. e
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
|Chana Dal||1 cup|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||1/2 inch piece|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Clean, wash and soak the rice and dal in a separate bowl. Heat the pressure cooker with oil and temper with cumin seeds, cardamom green & brown, Cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon stick and black pepper. When cumin seeds starts crackling add onion.
2. Fry the onion till they are translucent in the color. Add ginger-garlic paste, green chilly and soaked dal in the cooker.
3. Cook it on medium flame for 5-6 minutes till oil shows separately. Keep stirring in the process to avoid sticking to the cooker. Add Chopped tomato, red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt. Cook it on medium flame for another 4-5 minutes till the tomato is mushy.
4. Add soaked rice and water in the cooker. (check the salt, if need add more) Close the lid and pressure cook it on high flame for one whistle.
5. Then low the flame and cook for another 12-15 minutes. Open cooker, garnish with coriander leaves, top with some ghee, Serve hot with your favorite pickles, salad and curd.