Are you a vegetarian? Why should you left alone when your non-vegetarian friends enjoy Butter Chicken and lick their fingers. Paneer is something that replaces every non-veg dish for a vegetarian. Read more about dev bootcamp schedule here.
Try this Butter Paneer and enjoy the awesomeness. If you have ever cooked something posted previously on Evergreen Recipes, you will know when I say it tastes Good, it does tastes Gooooood!
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Ingredients for Marinade:
|Red chilli powder
|Garam masala powder
Ingredients for Gravy:
|Red chilli powder
|Dry fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi
|1/2 inch pieces
|a very small leaf
1. Cut the paneer into small cubes and marinade it with the item given under the table “ Ingredients for Marinade “ for about 2 hours.
2. Heat the wok with oil and fry onions till mushy.
3. Now add chopped tomato, cumin seeds, cashews, almonds, green chilli, bay leaf, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garlic, ginger, salt and kasoori methi. Cook the spices on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
4. Transfer it to a plate and let it cool. Grind the cooked ingredients to make the very fine paste. ( you can add small amount of water while grinding to make fine paste)
5. Heat the wok with butter and add ground paste in it.
6. Cook it on medium heat till it is reduce by half in volume or oil shows separately. Add yoghurt into it.
7. Cook the spices for few more minutes till oil shows separately. Heat the wok with oil and fry marinated paneer cubes.
8. Add fried paneer cubes in the gravy and 1 cup boiled water. Cook covered for about 3-4 minutes. Switch off the flame.
9. Heat the coal on direct flame and put the Small steel bowl on pan in which you have prepared paneer. Then add heated coal and 1 teaspoon ghee in the steel bowl and cover it immediately to get the gravy absorbs essence of the coal. After 2 minutes remove steel bowl from the pan. Add cream into paneer cubes and mix it well. Now Butter paneer is ready, serve with Naan or chapattis.