Last time I shared my recipe of Bhindi Masala and Kadhai Bhindi, amazingly so many variations can be made with Bhindi (or any other vegetable). I tried many other variants of it but unfortunately, I couldn’t take photographs.
Today, I prepared Bharva Bhindi for the family, it was an instant hit, and my husband asked me to make this more often as Bhindi is his favorite. Try this easy step by step recipe to prepare this for your family. I hope they will like it.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
|Fenugreek seeds ( Methi dana )||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fennel ( Saunf)||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds ( Zeera )||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
|Aamchur powder (Dry mango powder )||1 teaspoon|
|Oil||2 teaspoon for filling and 4 teaspoons for cooking|
1. Take Saunf, methi, mangraila and zeera and dry roast on tawa or pan till nice aroma comes.
2. Grind the roasted ingredients (dry) to make a fine powder.
3. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, amchur powder and salt. Grind it once again to make a fine powder.
4. Take ground powder on a plate and add chopped onion and 2 teaspoons oil and mix it well. The filling is ready.
5. Wash, clean and dry the lady finger well and cut half a centimetre from both the ends.Take lady finger ( Bhindi) and slit it as shown below in the picture. Put half teaspoon filling inside the Bhindi as you can see in the picture, prepare all the bhindi like this.
6. Heat the oil into kadhai and cook the bhindi for about 8-10 minutes on low heat or till the bhindi is properly cooked and tender. ( You can also cook in microwave for about 7-8 minutes) Bharva bhindi is ready and serves hot with chapatti.