Most of the places where I had Aloo Paratha, they put so less potato in it that it can hardly be called Aloo Paratha. A perfect aloo paratha has a balance of the paratha and potato and it’s not that tough to do so.
In this post, I am going to show you the exact steps you can follow to make the most delicious aloo paratha that everyone is going to love. Aloo Paratha makes a very nice breakfast and can be had with Curd and Pickles to enhance the taste of it. Kids may also like it with Tomato sauce.
Try this one this weekend and I am sure everyone in your family is going to love it.
Follow the step by step instructions to make the most delicious aloo paratha ever.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
|Potato, (boiled, peeled and mashed)||1/2 kg|
|Coriander leaves||1 bunch|
|Wheat flour||3 cup|
|Vegetable oil/ butter||for cooking paratha|
1. Grind coriander leaves, green chilly and garlic together coarsely. Don’t add water while grinding this mixture. Combine mashed potato, ground mixture and salt in a bowl, mix it well. filling is ready for paratha. Knead the flour to make a dough. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
2. Take one portion of the dough and roll it like puri or in a inches of 5 diameter.
3. Put 2 tablespoon of filling in the center and close all the ends as shown below in the image. The ends should be close properly otherwise while rolling the paratha filling comes out.
4. Dust with some flour and press it from the center and roll it like a chapatti.
5. Put it on hot tawa/ griddle. When the base is partially cooked flip the paratha and apply some ghee on the upper sides of paratha.
6. Then flip it again and apply some more ghee. Cook it on medium flame till light golden brown spots appears from both the sides of paratha. Repeat the same process with the rest of the dough. If you are diet conscious, just cook the paratha like chapatti. Don’t apply oil or ghee. Serve hot with curds, pickles etc.