Presenting yet another favourite recipes of mine, the Achari Paneer. The regular visitors of the blog know how crazy I am about Paneer recipes and there was a phase that I was only creating Paneer recipes on the blog back to back.
But, lately I have been posting recipes requested by users (you can also request a recipe by messeaging us on Facebook page) and its been a long time I have shared a recipe of paneer on the blog, so I hope you are going to love this recipe.
You can follow step by step process along with photos and prepare this recipe on the blog.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20-30 Minutes
|Paneer, cut it in a triangle shape
|1/2 inch piece
|Green Chilly, slit
|Dry red chilly
|Fenugreek seeds/ methi dana
|Kalunji/ Nigella seeds
|Fennel seeds/ saunf
1. Heat a non stick pan and add dry red chilly, cumin, fennel, coriander, fenugreek, mustard and nigella seeds. Dry roast on low flame till nice aroma comes from the seeds, keep stirring while roasting the seeds to avoid burning. it will take around 1 minutes to roast. Cool it at the room temperature.
2. Take the roasted ingredients in a grinder and grind it to make a fine powder.
3. Add capsicum and tomato in the grinder (we have to grind the tomato & capsicum with ground powder to make the fine paste) and grind it to make a fine paste.
4. Heat another wok with mustard oil and let it smoke till the raw smell of mustard oil gone. Sauté with ginger and garlic. Fry it for 30 seconds, then add onion and ghee.
5. Cook the onions till they are translucent in the color. Add slit green chilly, salt and ground paste. Cook the spices on low flame till oil shows separately.
6. Add curd along with 1 cup of water in the wok,mix it well. Let it boil for 1-2 minutes.
7. Now add paneer, mix it and cook covered on medium flame till the gravy is slightly thick and oil shows separately. (When you add curd the color of the gravy is slightly change but after cooking 5-6 minutes, you will get the beautiful color of Achari Paneer) Garnish with cream. Delicious Achari Paneer is ready to serve, Serve hot with chapatti, rice, Naan or Pulav.