I recently tried another great recipe of Paneer which I thought of sharing with you today. Presenting the recipe of Paneer Malvani Curry.
It is so amazing that different ingredients come together to give an ultimate taste, every single time. I cannot express in words the feeling I get when I taste recipes like this.
Though the taste of Paneer doesn’t change much in these recipes, it’s the gravy where all the magic happens. Paneer Malvani is no different.
Follow the step by step instructions of this recipe mentioned below, learn it by cooking along. Then Keep it in the list of recipes you would make to impress someone with your culinary skills. It can win hearts, you can win hearts.
I really hope that you will love this creation of mine. Please share it with people you love and care. Thanks.
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
Ingredients for Paneer Malvani Paste:
|Coriander seeds/ sabut dhaniya||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds/ zeera||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fennel Seeds / saunf||1/2 teaspoon|
|Black zeera / Shahi zeera||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick/ dalchini||1/2 inch piece|
|Cardamom green / choti elaichi||2|
|Cardamom brown/ badi elaichi||1|
|Whole dry red chili||6-7|
|Grated coconut||2 tbsp|
|Poppy seeds / khus khus||1 tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||1/4 cup|
|Coconut milk||1 cup|
|Coriander leaves||for garnish|
1. Dry roast all the ingredients mentioned in the table above ” Ingredients for Malvani paste” except poppy seeds and coconut till nice aroma comes from the spices. Keep stirring while roasting it to avoid burning. Let it cool at the room temperature.
2. In a grinder, add roasted spices, poppy seeds and coconut. Add 3-4 tbsp water and grind it to make a fine and smooth paste.
3. Heat another wok/pan with oil and saute with onion, ginger and garlic. Fry it till it is translucent in the color.
4. Then add ground paste in the wok. Cook the spices on a medium flame till oil shows separately.
5. Then add coconut milk, and cook for few more minutes. Add chopped tomato and salt. Cook it on a medium flame till the tomato is mushy.
6. Then add milk and water. Mix it well. Cook it on a low flame for 3-4 minutes till the gravy is little thick.
7. Add paneer cubes and add 1/4 cup of water. Cook covered on a low flame for another 2 minutes. Switch off the flame, and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.