Presenting the recipe of Navratan Korma, a dish which gets its name from the Navratans of Mughal as it had 9 key ingredients to get the unique flavour. You can prepare it on special occasions where when you have, to put a different type of meal on the table that guests can enjoy.
Follow the step by step recipe to prepare this Navratan Korma in your kitchen. I hope you will like it.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 Minutes
|French beans chopped||1/2 cup|
|Cauliflower chopped||1/2 cup|
|Carrot chopped||1/8 cup|
|Paneer cut into a 1/2 inch cubes||200 gram|
|Pineapple cut into 1/2 inch cubes||1/2 cup|
|Cashew nuts, broken||8-10 for adding in the curry and 1/4 cup for grind to make a paste|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||1/2 inch piece|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Green chilly chopped||2|
|Coriander leaves||for garnish|
|Pepper powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Saffron||1/4 tsp or few strands|
1. Clean and wash the vegetables. Peel off the skin of the potato, carrot and pineapple and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Cut the paneer into 1/2 inch cubes and chop the french beans. Boil 4 glass of water in a wok and add potato and beans. Cook covered on medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
2. Then add carrot and cauliflower. Cook covered for another 3-4 minutes till the veggies are properly cooked. Drain the water and keep the veggies on a plate.
3. Now boil the onion and cashew nuts together into another wok for 4-5 minutes, drain the water and let it cool at the room temperature. Now grind onion-cashew nuts together to make a fine paste. you can add 2-3 tablespoon water while grinding it.
4. Heat the wok with oil and temper with cumin seeds, cardamom green, cloves, cinnamon stick and bay leaf. When cumin seeds start crackling add ginger-garlic paste.
5. Cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame, then, add ground onion-cashew nuts paste.
6. Cook it on low flame for 3-4 minutes. Then add coriander powder, pepper powder, cumin powder and green chilly. Cook the spices for another 5-6 minutes till oil shows separately.
7. Add 1 cup water to the wok and mix it well. When the water starts boiling add cooked vegetables in the wok.
8. Then add almonds, cashew nuts, raisins, paneer and pineapple. Cook covered on low flame for 5-6 minutes or till the gravy is a bit thick. Dissolve saffron in two tablespoon of warm milk and then pour it in the kadhai.
9. Add fresh cream, mix it well. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Delicious Navratan Korma is ready to serve, serve hot with chapatti and rice.