Here is the recipe of the Khoya Kaju Curry. I prepared this for breakfast the other day. I ended up cooking this as there was nothing else available. And everyone has so hungry.
So, you improvise whenever you are in a situation like this. I looked at all the things I had available in the kitchen and prepared this delicious thing for all of us.
You can follow the step by step recipe along with photos mentioned below. I hope you will love it.
Preparation Time: 10-12 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
|Khoya/ Mawa||1/2 cup|
|Kaju/ Cashew nuts- kaju||20-25|
|Vegetable oil / mustard oil||3 tbsp|
|Bay leaf- tejpatta||2|
|Cinnamon stick- dalchini||1/2 inchpiece|
|Cardamom green- choti elaichi||3|
|Cumin seeds- zeera||1teaspoon|
|Tomato puree-||1 cup|
|Ginger-garlic paste- adrak lhsun paste||1 teaspoon|
|Cardamom green powder- choti elaichi powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Fenugreek leaves- kasoori methi||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Slit green chilli||2|
1. Keep all the ingredients ready.
2. Heat the pan/wok with oil and temper with cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom green. When cumin seeds starts crackling add chopped onion. Fry it till onions are light golden in the color.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste, saute for few more seconds. Then add tomato puree.
4. Red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt. Cook the spices on low flame till oil shows separately. Add slit green chillies.
5. Add mawa, mix it well with the spices. Cook for another 1-2 minutes on a low flame.
6. Add cardamom green powder, crushed fenugreek leaves and milk. Mix it well.
7. Add roasted cashew nuts and yogurt. Mix it well, cook covered on a low flame till the gravy is thick. Delicious Khoya kaju curry is ready to serve, Serve hot with chapatti and rice.