Presenting my recipe of Masala Butter Chicken, a treat for our Non-Vegetarian readers. I cook Non-Veg recipes when I have guests at home, this is the reason we do not have a lot of non-veg posts.
But the wait is worth for non-veg lovers as you cannot go wrong with any non-veg recipe on Evergreen Recipes. Butter chicken is usually a little sweeter because of the Kaaju paste that is used to enhance the flavour but I’ve put some little extra spices to make it spicier than the Butter Chicken.
My Husband, who is a non-vegetarian (and very tough to please with my culinary skills :p) has approved this recipe as a must have non-veg item whenever there are special guests at home.
Follow the easy step by step method to prepare this super delicious Butter Masala Chicken at home. I hope you will love it.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20-30 Minutes
Ingredients for Marinate the Chicken:
|Chicken (with bones)
|Red chilly powder
|Fenugreek leaves/ Kasoori methi
Ingredients for Butter Masala:
|Red chilly powder
|Kashmiri red chilly powder
1. Clean and wash the chicken well. Marinate it with all the ingredients given in the table of “Ingredients for Marinate the Chicken”. Keep it aside for 3-4 hours in a fridge. Take out the marinated chicken from the fridge, heat the wok with butter and add marinated chicken in the wok. Fry it on a medium flame for 4-5 minutes or till butter shows separately. Keep it aside.
2. Heat another wok with 2 tablespoon butter and add onion. Fry it till onions are translucent. Add in cumin seeds and green chilly.
3. Then add chopped tomato, coriander powder, ginger-garlic paste, kasoori methi, red chilly powder, cashew nuts, almonds, bay leaf and salt.
4. Cook the spices on medium flame for 5-6 minutes. Now switch off the flame and let it cool at the room temperature. Take the cooked spices in a grinder and grind it to make a fine paste.
5. Heat the wok with 6 tablespoon butter and add ground paste. Cook the spice on low flame till butter shows separately.
6. Add Kashmiri red chilly powder and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add fried chicken in the masala/ wok and mix it well.
7. Add 1.5 cup of water, check salt and cook covered on medium flame till the chicken is properly cooked and gravy is thick and butter shows separately. (it will take approximately 12-15 minutes to cook the chicken)
8. Switch off the flame, add cream to the gravy and mix it well. Delicious Butter Masala Chicken is ready to serve, top with some more butter, Serve hot with Naan, Chapatti or Pulav.