Aloo Matar is a classic dish and is liked by many people. It is made from potatoes and green peas sautéed with Indian spices. Here is a simple and quick recipe that can be made in one pot and the least amount of cooking time. It’s pretty easy to rustle up, and adds zing to any meal. The best thing is that all of the ingredients are readily available. Serve hot with Roti, or plain rice. Check out the video of Aloo Matar curry.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 and half teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||for garnish|
1. Peel the skin of potato and cut in a shape which you want. Heat the oil into pressure cooker, fry the potato for 2-3 minutes and then add peas and fry for one more minutes.
2. Take out the fried potato and peas in a plate and keep it aside. Grind ginger-garlic, onion, cumin seeds, cardamom brown and black pepper to make fine paste. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt in a grinder.
3. Heat oil into pressure cooker, sauté with fenugreek seeds, add grinded paste and tomato. Cook on medium heat till oil shows separately.
4. Then add fried potato and peas into cooked spices and mix well.
5. Add one glass of water and close the pressure cooker. Cook for 3 whistle on high heat. Switch off the flame and let it cool for 10 minutes. Open pressure cooker and garnish with coriander leaves. Aloo matar curry is ready , serve hot with rice or chapatti.