Here is the recipe of the Aloo Tikki Curry. It’s actually many dishes in one. First you make Aloo Tikki that is stuffed with mashed green peas inside. If you fry them you get yourself a delicious snack for the evening tea. And if you go ahead and dip it into a special creamy Gravy, you just made yourself an amazing dinner experience.
This is one of those recipes where we experiment something unconventional, and I am sure you are going to love our efforts. This is pure awesomeness. Please spare some time to make these for yourself or the family.
Preparation Time: 20-25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
Ingredients for Aloo Tikki:
|Potato, boiled, peeled and mashed||2 cup|
|Green peas||1 cup|
|Vegetable oil||for frying the tikkis|
|Red chilly powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||2 tbsp|
Ingredients for the Gravy:
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp plus 4 tbsp|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||1/2 inch piece|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fenugreek leaves||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||for garnish|
1. Heat the pan with 1 tbsp oil and add green peas.
2. Add salt and green chilly. Cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame. Switch off the flame. Let it cool at the room temperature.
3. Take the cooked peas in a grinder and grind it coarsely.
4. In a bowl, add mashed potato, salt, red chilly powder and cumin powder and mix it well.
5. Add coriander leaves and mix it well.
6. Take an orange size ball from the potato mixture and give it a bowl shape so you can out two teaspoon of the mashed peas in the center and then close it and make a Tikki from it.
7. Do the same with the rest of the mixture. Heat the pan with 1 tbsp oil and shallow fry the Tikki till light golden in the color from both the sides.
8. Heat another pan with 1 tbsp oil and saute with cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, black pepper, cloves, cardamom green and cardamom brown.
9. Add onion, tomato, green chilly and garlic.
10. Add ginger-garlic paste. Cook the spices till the tomato is mushy. Switch off the flame. Let the mixture cools at the room temperature.
11. Take the cooled mixture in a grinder and grind it to make the fine paste.
12. Heat the pan with 2 tbsp oil and add ground paste. Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt and cumin powder.
13. Cook the spices on a medium flame till oil shows separately. Add fenugreek leaves and 1/2 water. Cook the spices on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
14. Add cream, mix it well.
15. Add garam masala powder, mix it well. Add fried tikki in the gravy. Cook covered for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame.
16. Garnish with coriander leaves, delicious aloo tikki curry is ready to serve, Serve hot with chapatti and rice.