Here is the recipe of Aloo Kofta, a delicious Kofta recipe I prepared in a long time.
You can never go wrong with potato when you prepare a recipe that has potato as a key ingredient, plus its simple.
Download the PDF version of this recipe for offline purpose
Follow the easy step by step recipe of the Potato Kofta and prepare it at home. I hope you will love it.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-25 Minutes
Ingredients for Koftas:
|Potato, boiled, peeled and mashed||1 cup|
|Red chilly powder, lal mirch||1/4 teaspoon|
|Cardamom green powder, choti elaichi||1/4 teaspoon|
|Cumin powder, zeera||1/4 teaspoon|
|Mava/khoya/dry milk||3 tbsp|
|Raisins, kishmish||1 tbsp|
|Dry mango powder||1/4 teaspoon|
Ingredients for Curry:
|Onion||1 chopped, 2 for boiling|
|Fennel seeds, saunf||1/2 teaspoon|
|Shah zeera||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fenugreek leaves, kasoori methi||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
1. Take a bowl, add mashed potatoes, green chilly, mango powder, cardamom green powder, cumin powder, red chilly powder, corn flour and salt. Mix it well. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions.
2. Take another bowl and add mava and chopped raisins, mix it well. Take one portion of the mixture and put the Mava filling in it.
3. Roll it with your palms to make the round shape balls. Heat the wok with oil and deep fry it on low to medium flame till golden and crisp.
4. Fry 3-4 at a time. I fried in two batches. Take out the fried balls on a tissue paper to get rid of extra oil.
5. Keep it aside. Take the tomato, diced onion and cashew nuts in another bowl along with a glass of water and boil it for 5-7 minutes. Switch off the flame. Drain the water, let the mixture cool completely. Peel off the skin of tomato.
6. Take the boiled mixture in a grinder and grind it to make the fine paste.
7. Heat the wok with 4 tbsp oil and saute with onion. Then add bay leaf, fennel seeds, shah jeera and cloves. Fry it till onions are light golden in the color.
8. Then add ginger-garlic paste, saute for 1 more minutes, now add ground tomato-onion paste.
9. Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Cook the spices on low flame till oil shows separately. Now add kasoori methi and garam masala powder. Cook for another 1-2 more minutes.
10. Add 1/2 cup water, mix it well. Now let the gravy boil for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame, add cream. Mix it well. Take the kofta in a serving bowl and pour the gravy. Delicious aloo kofta is ready to serve, Serve hot with chapatti and rice.